[OM] Re: Back on-list, and a question

Subject: [OM] Re: Back on-list, and a question
From: Daniel Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:37:14 -0700
> Could be 2 things.  Good would be curtain speeds are off, so at high speeds,
> the slit is closing on one side.  That's just an adjustment.  Bad would be
> that the second shutter curtain has jumped out of position by a few teeth
> and now sits just a tad in the film aperture.  Big job.    Here's a simple
> test:  open back and hold shutter open on B.  Look at film plane where
> curtains are.  It is possible that the bar for the second curtain is showing
> just a little on the right hand end.

  I think it's the former, I can't see anything sticking in the way when
holding everything open. Oh, and it's also not a flash problem, because
the shots with this trouble are daylight shots, and I think most likely
at higher speeds, though I'd have to go through them all to be certain
about that.

  I'm going to ask around a bit more locally for repair prices, in case
it was just a high price the first time, but if it's going to be a
couple hundred dollars to get it fixed, I may as well just replace the
entire thing with an OM4T. I've had some issues with the OM2S where the
shutter dial needed cleaning so it would try and expose as if I had ISO2
film in there, and it does seem to chew up batteries faster than I'd
like, so while I'll be sad to retire it, it might be the best bet anyway.

  Thanks for all the advice!

  -- dan