[OM] Re: OM Equipment for sale

Subject: [OM] Re: OM Equipment for sale
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:46:24 -0000
Jonathan Parker wrote:

> To those who can not control themselves from commenting negatively
> on my desire to not ship overseas and see this as evil/hypocritical,
etc:

That is I, then? (Or at least, one of them...)

> I had a shipment to Germany become lost somewhere in the German postal
> system. Trying to obtain insurance reimbursement in this situation
proved
> difficult and lengthy.

If I send something overseas and it goes missing, my claim is with the
organisation I paid to ship it. They cannot prove it is delivered, which
is what I paid them to do. I have no need to consult anyone else.

> It's not a distrust of "foreigners" as one all-knowing sage put it,
its
> a desire to avoid a repeat of having to wade into another bureaucratic
morass.

Of course, I forgot. There is no bureaucracy in the US. Silly me.

Best regards,

Simon