[OM] Re: advice on digital camera purchase.

Subject: [OM] Re: advice on digital camera purchase.
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:27:25 +1300
Hello all,

Thank you for all your ideas so far.

That lot should get him thoroughly confused!

I see cametacamera have quite a lot of separate auctions (U-know-where) for
E-1, and one of them complete with the (not accurate range remembered) 14
- 28mm lens, was at about the $!,100 USD mark.

The confusing thing, as I have picked up from discussions over the last 6 - 12
months, is that lens focal length numbers for digital cameras do not equate
with those for 35mm film cameras.

Something like 14mm digital = 28mm film camera I think.

I think the water-proofness of the Oly E-1 is a good feature for somebody
who would take his camera crashing through the woods, bouncing into bears
etc etc (or nearly)

Brian