[OM] Re: (OM) Choice of digital camera

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) Choice of digital camera
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 07:54:24 EST

In a message dated 1/27/2005 11:14:50 PM Central Standard Time,
bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

So he  has asked me about choice of digital camera.

Well, having been awake just long enough to brush the teeth, turn on the
computer and start the coffee, I'll give you my simple unsophisticated  answer.

Given that he is going to be using it for power point  presentations, I would
think any good digital camera would likely do.  My  daughter is using an
Olympus C-750 which I bought her off of ebay for about  $300-$350 a few months
ago.
 It has a nice zoom and does a nice job.   I will assume he is not taking
time exposures of trees at night handheld, so I  would suggest a decent tripod
and inexpensive digital camera would be more  than adequate.  I don't think he
is going to need something capable of  being enlarged to 30X40 as he will be
using it with a projection device fed by  his computer and that doesn't require
a huge file.  I smell the  coffee.  Hope that helped.  Bill Barber