[OM] Re: macro stuff

Subject: [OM] Re: macro stuff
From: Matthew Born <mborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:16:15 -0500
Thanks, folks. I appreciate the info. So I take it the 'trick' with the
manual tubes is to open up for focusing, so as to brighten the viewfinder as
much as possible, and then set the aperature? I was (am) confused by the
expression 'stop down' focusing -- wouldn't closing down the aperature make
focusing harder? Am I missing something painfully obvious here?

And no worries about the zoom -- zooms don't interest me anyway. In fact, I
just looked long and hard to find a tiny, p&s digicam for my wife for
Christmas -- looking specifically for one that did not have a zoom. I figure
in that price range a zoom would really stink. (I found a Samsung with a
fixed 40mm (equivalent) that does a decent job.)

I'll probably aim for a 50 3.5 eventually. I've had a few good offers from
listers already, though I am indeed spending money I don't have right now,
so it's just winter fun for the mind. Perhaps when I get paid for the last
web site I did :)

Matthew Born