[OM] Re: Macro stuff

Subject: [OM] Re: Macro stuff
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:01:40 EST

In a message dated 1/25/2005 1:13:25 AM Central Standard Time,
olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Generally agreed, but with exceptions. For uses that don't require  great
linearity and perfect focus out at the periphery, there are a couple  of
zooms with outstanding macro capability. the Tamron SP 60-300 goes to
1:1.55 and the Tokina AT-X 50-250 goes to 1:1.4. Both are quite good
optically at these ratios for the usual 3D macro  shots

Yes, and there is one of the Tokina AT-X lenses on ebay now for a little
over $100 BIN.  Temptation was there, however I need to be thinning a  little
make room for another digital Zuiko or perhaps the 90mm
Schneider/Nikkor/Fujinon for my 4X5.  Hmmm, why was I looking?   Bill Barber