[OM] Re: Macro stuff

Subject: [OM] Re: Macro stuff
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:24:00 -0800
There have been so many 50/3.5 zuikos for sale recently that they can be
bought for about $85 with a little patience. If you watch and are willing to
re-sell the extra pieces you could probably get it even cheaper by buying a
kit. The 25mm extension tube lets this lens focus to 1:1, otherwise you will
only get to 1:2. You wouldn't need any other extension tubes though you may
find a different one would give you a preferred focusing range. Sorry, I
have no experience with the manual tubes. I would recommend getting a lens
then worrying about the extention tube. For many things 1:2 is close enough.

The vivitar series 1 90mm f2.5 with 1:1 extension has sold for about $100
which although heavy is of excellent quality. You should consider it. A 50mm
at 1:1 is very close to the subject.

-jeff