[OM] Re: WTB: good quality 1.4 or 1.5 TC

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB: good quality 1.4 or 1.5 TC
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:22:15 -0800
Jim Couch wrote:

>I will be trying the Kiron out this weekend. I no longer have a long
>(300+) lens to try it with. I will be playing with it on the 75-150, the
>135 f2.8, and a Tokina ATX 80-200. I will try to report back next week
>with results.

The instructions for the Kiron 1.5x Match Mate say "It is optimized for
use with lenses having a focal length of 70mm or longer. With Kiron
telephoto zooms lenses , you can use the entire range, but with Kiron
wide-to-telephoto zooms, best results will be obtained in the telephoto
range." Since Kiron never made anything with a fl longer than 210 mm and
it is specifically a "Match Mate" for Kiron lenses, I suppose vignetting
on a 300 mm Zuiko can't be complained about. :-)

It also provides specific specs for use with their 70-150/4 and
80-200/4, so it should work well with your lenses. There is a little
addendum page about use with their 28-85/2.8-3.8 Varifocal zoom. It
states the lens should only be used wide open and at 85 mm with the 1.5x.

Moose