[OM] Re: Olympus RAW files?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus RAW files?
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:40:54 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Winsor Crosby wrote:

> Interesting. Something I had not considered. I wonder about it though
> because iPhoto, the free photo data base included in OS X,  imports
> .psd files with no problems.

Adobe changed the psd format a while back and no longer made it open.
If your psd file uses any of the new psd features then applications which
only understand the older format won't be able to load it.  If you check
the "maximise compatibility" option when saving the psd file you have a
better chance that older applications will be able to use it.
                                        -mark