[OM] Re: Olympus RAW files?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus RAW files?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:48:22 -0800
Some of the same things are true with my D100. Nikon Capture gives a
more detailed and better color rendition does Adobe Camera Raw. I
really think that either the camera manufacturers are not as
forthcoming with their code as one might think, or that Adobe just
can't take the pains to tune the raw conversion as carefully. Capture,
while generally great software, does not really hand off to Photoshop
that well. Nikon also provides a Photoshop raw conversion plug in as
well, but without the myriad controls, and camera settings are mostly
adopted automatically lessening its usefulness. I think all these
camera software solutions have their problems, as does Adobe. It is a
trick to work around them.

I have been thinking that archiving the PSD file may be the way to go
rather than raw. I can't imagine that PSD would ever become
inaccessible. Anyone have a thought on that?

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA