[OM] Re: Olympus RAW files?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus RAW files?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:55:58 +0800
I worry about data archive more than software compatibility, I'm still using
dBase III plus for my daily work. Data can be damaged (such as hard disk
failure I faced few months ago) without any notification while software
phase out will be a long notification period, there will be enough time for
me to transfer the format. Actually, I believe RAW compatibility will be
standard for most photo softwares and it doesn't need many resources to keep
all the old camera support.

I don't think the current RAW support from PS and PhaseOne C1 is come from
Olympus development kit, they look very different from each other. Even with
the latest C1 3.6 the image quality is still not as good as the one from
Olympus Viewer. Unfortunately Olympus Viewer does not have a very fast work
flow and it doesn't deal with over exposure very well.

Olympus also provide RAW plug-in for PS, I have download the one for my PS
6.0, it provide exactly the same output quality as Olympus Viewer.

C.H.Ling