[OM] Re: [OT] cable release

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] cable release
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:17:49 +0000
I've got cable releases out the ying-yang, but I don't have a clue what kind
any of them is/are.*

My favorite is a white, vinyl-covered 18-20 in. one that has a great locking
mechanism: a knurled knob right underneath the release thingy, which is a
crossways bar doohickey that accommodates two fingers while the thumb is on the
release plunger.  Makes for quite positive use, but it has no indicia of origin
anywhere on it.

Then there's a metal mesh coated one, almost as good, which simply says "Made
in Japan."  (I like it because the mmetal mesh covering reminds me of the spark
plug wires on my hotrod '54 Chevy pickup.)  And there are two or three black
cloth-coated ones, in lengths from about 6 to 18 ins.  They all work just fine,
and they all lock, some more conveniently than others.

Cable releases aren't a major expense.  I've lost more than I now have.  Get
one; try it; if you don't like it, throw it away (or lose it) and get another
one.

Walt

*For the "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" bunch to ponder and judge

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>