[OM] (OM) Solstice web-site news

Subject: [OM] (OM) Solstice web-site news
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:25:32 -0200
Cc: Brian Swale <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
on 12/01/2005 19:55, Brian Swale wrote:

> Also, at least two envelopes have still to reach target.  One from Fernando in
> Uruguay, to the USA; and one from WebMaster, to Chicago; have not arrived
> yet.  (Do you think Lynne Truss would approve of this use of commas and
> semi-colons? I think so! )
>
> I hope this is indicative of merely the chaos that Christmas mail generates,
> and does not demonstrate how international mail normally functions.
> Fernando told me that he sent a track&trace letter to Canada, and as far as
> he could tell from the track&trace it was sent to Yugoslavia. Since
> Yugoslavia no longer exists and has not done so for more than a decade, it
> sounds as though somebody needs a significant tune-up.

Hi Brian,

I'm sorry I missed to update for the good news. It all happened so fast I
run out of time. All this, and my worries about the Zuiko f-stops too :^)
[Hey list, did you all read my post of Jan 12 'till the end? - why so few
answers? - it's a true ON TOPIC post !!]

...As for the postcard, I emailed John telling what we both supposed had
happened, and he answered that the three digit code for Dorval airport in
Montreal, Quebec is YUL, which therefore doesn't mean Yugoslavia, as seen
in:
http://www.airlinetickets.bz/ca-airport.php
...So the postcard arrived on time last Monday morning (Jan 10). He was
surprised that a post office would be directing letters to countries by
using the three digit code for the nearest airport. "Perhaps the air freight
companies like UPS and FedEx use this routine but not Canada Post."

...Marc at Belgium reported the arrival of the bird on January 8: