[OM] (OM) OT - Which Version of Photoshop?

Subject: [OM] (OM) OT - Which Version of Photoshop?
From: "Jamie Costello" <jcostel1168@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:26:06 -0500
I have somehow found myself at the digital divide.  I am confused by digital
cameras, but not by the images they produce.  I have seen a lot of
photgraphs taken with digital cameras and wonder how the heck I am going to
produce one I like.  In waiting out the mega-pixel and features war, I have
dcided that I do not want a digital camera.  I love film and I just want to
make some digital images.

I am going to buy a film scanner (no big deal, right?  OM content - to scan
in the film I've shot with my OMs).  I would like to know if there is any
consensus or wisdom, conventional or not, as to which version of Photoshop
has an optimal balance of features to ease-of-use.  I know that it's
difficult for someone to recommend a product not knowing a lot about me, I'm
just looking for some general guidelines.

Jamie
Fort Myers, FL