[OM] Re: (OM) OT - Which Version of Photoshop?

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) OT - Which Version of Photoshop?
From: Gary Edwards <zuikowarriors@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:53:57 -0800 (PST)
I just bought PS E 3 specifically for the shadow/highlight tool.  It is going
for around 50 USD with the upgrade rebate now.

Gary Edwards

Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 12:57 PM 12/01/2005, Winsor Crosby wrote:

>I would get Photoshop Elements 3. It is greatly improved and it was
>already pretty good to begin with. It has the superb shadow/highlight
>tool which was introduced in Photoshop CS. You will probably never
>outgrow it and need to spend the money for Photoshop.

As a regular user of Photoshop CS, I couldn't agree more with this
sentiment. For most people, PS CS (or its earlier variants) is simply
expensive overkill. If for some reason you don't wanna use PS Elements,
but still want some PS compatibility (file formats [.PSD] etc.), you should
also look at Paint Shop Pro, formerly sold by Jasc Software, now bought out
by Corel. You can download a fully-functional evaluation version of PSP from:

http://mail.yahoo.com