[OM] Re: Archiving Digital Images - was Re: Oh yeah, now I remember

Subject: [OM] Re: Archiving Digital Images - was Re: Oh yeah, now I remember
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 23:40:04 -0800
That is the direction I am going in, as well. Michael Reichman, on his
Luminous Landscape site, has a harrowing tale of images on CD Rom being
unreadable after two years. Fortunately he had a duplicate archive
which saved the day. I think that two hard disks are the solution, one
probably being portable for keeping in another place. My only effort at
filling a DVD with images took an absurdly long time to burn. I think
duplicated hard disk is the ticket at this stage of our technology.
Fast, easy and getting cheaper all the time.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA