[OM] Re: Archiving Digital Images - was Re: Oh yeah, now I remember

Subject: [OM] Re: Archiving Digital Images - was Re: Oh yeah, now I remember
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:43:01 -0800
It's the first time I've seen anything like this. The computer saw the full
240G capacity of the drive and seemed to work fine. But after about two or
three weeks it would claim files were missing. Called Dell and their ever so
helpful technical support replied that my computer doesn't support drives
over 120G. After three tries (with and without Western Digital's driver) I
gave up and added a hard drive interface card. Seems to be working okay now
for about 3 months ... but I don't boot from that drive. I like the idea of
trying the same drive in an external enclosure having a USB/firewire
interface. I think there is enough gear that uses USB that it will be
supported for a long time.
-jeff