[OM] Re: 28/2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: 28/2.8
From: Andrew Wendelborn <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:59:26 +1030
At 1:48 PM +1100 2005.01.12, Wayne Harridge wrote:
> ...  I found using a 50/1.4 initially that within a certain lighting range
> the timed
>exposure always doubled as I stopped down (expected result), except for f1.4
>to f2
>where the time was less than double (about 1.5 from memory, details are filed
>somewhere @home).  This was confirmed using several OM bodies (OM-2N, OM-
>4).  I also tested another lens (can't remember which, possibly 100/2.8) with
>the same
>result.

Interesting. I noticed a similar effect with a 24/2, taking a couple of
moonlight shots in the
Gawler Ranges National Park (nice place) last month. Elapsed time, going from
f2 to f2.8, was
considerably less than double. This was a 2n on auto, so I thought
auto-exposure had timed out,
but both slides came out fine. Not exactly scientific though -- I was (gulp)
timing by counting
out loud.

regards
  Andrew