[OM] Re: 28/2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: 28/2.8
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:48:03 +1100

> Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

...Lot's of stuff snipped...

Thanks for quoting the full contents of your letter from Olympus, interesting
reading
though I'm not sure I understand exactly what they are getting at !

I have noticed a similar issue when testing bodies for long exposure
capability.
Basically, set up a camera on a tripod in a dimly lit room pointing at a blank
wall
about 2m away.  Unexposed film in the film gate, time the actual exposure with
a stop
watch.  I found using a 50/1.4 initially that within a certain lighting range
the timed
exposure always doubled as I stopped down (expected result), except for f1.4 to
f2
where the time was less than double (about 1.5 from memory, details are filed
somewhere @home).  This was confirmed using several OM bodies (OM-2N, OM-
4).  I also tested another lens (can't remember which, possibly 100/2.8) with
the same
result.

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com