[OM] Re: Shooting Glaciers and Snow

Subject: [OM] Re: Shooting Glaciers and Snow
From: Gordon Ross <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:18:37 -0700
Hi Enrique:

What lens are you using? I suspect a wide angle, in which case the polarizer
sounds like it is too thick at the rim and is causing vignetting. When you
have the polarizer mounted, stop down to the smallest aperture and finding a
good light source, look through the finder while depressing the preview tab
on the lens,  check the corners for any sign  of shadow. If there is no sign
of shadow, try this again with the hood on the polarizer, if that is how you
shot. The width of the polarizer may be causing the hood to now vignette
which is a simple fix, don't use it, or switch to a wider hood when you feel
the need to use a filter. Hope this helps.

Gord