[OM] Re: Shooting Glaciers and Snow

Subject: [OM] Re: Shooting Glaciers and Snow
From: "Enrique Cabrera Rochera" <qcabrera@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 11:38:08 +0001
Thanks to everyone who replied. It's great to get so much feedback to
such a question (and get safety tips too!). I am afraid that I will
be less on the adventure side that some of you figured out, and I
will follow a more mainstream touristy approach (cruise around the
place, all the way down to Cabo de Hornos). Apparently is supposed to
be fun and many people recommended it.

In any case, and as a follow up:

- Which filter brand. Hoya? Where to get a good deal and maybe get
more than one?

- I do have a circular polarizer, but last set of slides I took with
it, provided a circular black frame to the pictures. I obviously
doubt this is normal, so probably I will have to replace it.

- Some of you warned me about the OM4T internal metering system being
fooled by the light, and hence using a grey card or a light meter.
Others mentioned that spot and highlight should do. How much
difference will it make? Is it enough to bracket exposures as (also)
suggested?

Thanks again. I promise if the pictures (any) are worth it, they will
get posted.
--
Enrique Cabrera Rochera
Profesor Titular de Mecánica de Fluidos