[OM] Re: [OT] E*son 2200

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] E*son 2200
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 10:17:27 -0800 (PST)
--- Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The printer and the scanner don't really have any connection.  If you
> get a good scan, no matter what the scanner, the Epson 2200 will pump
> out fabulous prints.

That makes sense but the problem is I'm not sure I can get a "good
scan" with the 3170, at least one good enough to get a high quality
8x12 from the 2200.  This is because of two reasons: one, I've never
made a print using a scan from the 3170 and two, from what I've read in
reviews, the 3170 produces softer images than those from dedicated film
scanners and I'm not sure software sharpening is going to make up for
this loss.

BTW, have you had any trouble with nozzle clogging in your 2200?  I had
numerous problems with a C-80 that finally drove me to drop kick the
thing into a dumpster.  It was less money to buy a new unit than to
have it repaired.

Richard

http://mail.yahoo.com