[OM] Re: Olympus repairs in the UK

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus repairs in the UK
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 12:55:07 -0000 (GMT)

> James,
>
> How did you get on with this? Was he any good in the end?
>
> Thanks,

Sorry I forgot to reply to you!
in short is he any good.. Yes and no.
the 50mm lens was cleaned and oiled to perfection and I was very happy
with it.
He plugged the light leaks in the om4ti but that was all. I am guessng
that he does not have any spare parts or bodies that he can canabilise.
Therefore the problem I had with the exposure compensation dial still
existed after the service and thelack of cap on the wind on leaver also
remained.
My feeling is that for cleaning no problem for repairs don't use.
Regards
James