[OM] Re: [OT] Is The MAC Dead

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Is The MAC Dead
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 20:03:20 -0800
> From: "Donald MacDonald" <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 20:37:37 -0800, Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> :::: Real peace in a petroleum-fueled world means rejecting petroleum
>> dependence in all possible ways. -- Jan Lundberg
>
> Aren't Macs made out of plastic, then?

Aha, caught me!

I've tried to find places where I've made that boast and change them to
the somewhat unwieldy "fossil-fuel-free zone."

And even that mild claim needs to be tempered: although the methanol
used to produce biodiesel COULD come from sustainable sources, almost
all of it is made from fossil fuel these days.

In reality, it is impossible to escape petroleum in an industrial
country. In the US, 2-5 calories of oil are burned to produce every
calorie of food produced, for example. YOU ARE EATING NON-RENEWABLE
PETROLEUM!

We're gonna be in a real hurt in a few short years, folks, see:
<http://www.DieOff.org> I've been watching this since "Limits To
Growth" in the 70's. We're right on schedule with the original Club of
Rome study.

Obligatory OM content: how hard would it be to put a glass plate or
tintype in the shutter gate of an OM body?

:::: Of course I don't have all the answers -- I don't even have all
the questions!
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>