[OM] Re: It's about light

Subject: [OM] Re: It's about light
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:41:10 +1100
>>Andrew McPhee wrote:
>>I must admit to a mailbox fetish,...

>And Marc replied:
>My photo-fetish is for those public viewing telescopes you
>get at lookouts and tourist stops.
>
>...that, and feet when I can get away with it (which is
>rare, so sometimes I have to self-gratify ;) ).
>
>Anyone else have a particular photo-fetish?

Well since you asked, another pet fetish of mine is water tank stands -
unusual ones, not the boring modern type.  Over the years I have gathered a
small collection of pictures.  Some tanks are on top of tree stumps, others
are teetering like the Leaning Tower and so on.  Trouble is with every
passing year there are less of them left and they are getting harder to
find, I guess I'll have to start looking farther afield.

>Also, keeping with Edward Weston's statement (as quoted* by
>Walt), and with the current Subject, I took second and
>multi-second photos of the TV picture on the weekend**, so
>I didn't even have to go to the backyard, yet alone "500
>yards", and simply lounged on the...well, lounge, camera
>in one hand and drink*** in the other. I love Sundays.

I reckon TV photos are much under-rated.   I've sometimes thought about
doing a photo essay of TV images exploring how the box plays such a large
role in modern-day life.  But it'll have to wait until I get around to
obtaining a second TV (unlikely considering I rarely watch it), the family
would probably get a bit peeved with having a camera and tripod set up in
the living room...

Andrew McPhee