[OM] Re: It's about light

Subject: [OM] Re: It's about light
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:12:09 +1100
> Andrew McPhee [mailto:macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> I must admit to a mailbox fetish,...

My photo-fetish is for those public viewing telescopes you
get at lookouts and tourist stops.

...that, and feet when I can get away with it (which is
rare, so sometimes I have to self-gratify ;) ).

Anyone else have a particular photo-fetish?

Also, keeping with Edward Weston's statement (as quoted* by
Walt), and with the current Subject, I took second and
multi-second photos of the TV picture on the weekend**, so
I didn't even have to go to the backyard, yet alone "500
yards", and simply lounged on the...well, lounge, camera
in one hand and drink*** in the other. I love Sundays.

OM Content: my favourite photo of a public viewing telescope
was the first, taken with a c5050z at dusk with some fillflash
and an interesting backgroud in almost-silhouette. I'll have
to dig it out again.

Cheers
Marc (either learning about light, or just getting lazier)
Sydney, Oz

* "Anything more than 500 yards from the car just isn't
   photogenic."

** The photos looked better the more I lounged and drank
   (see notes under "***")

*** Not anything "peaty", but simply something with gin;
    Bombay Sapphire to be precise.