[OM] Re: New member with question about 100/F2

Subject: [OM] Re: New member with question about 100/F2
From: Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 02:36:04 +0100

On 17 Dec 2004, at 20:59, Martin Walters wrote:

> Walt:
> Obviously I am not as completely addicted as others.  ....<SNIP>.... I
>  like to carry things other than lenses
> (food, water, you know).

Nope, definitely not sufficiently addicted yet. Stick around, though,
and that'll come...

I read on another mailing-list something, which might be appropriate.
It went something like this: "You've got to admire the mind of the
photographer: he's in an unknown marshland, it's getting dark, he's got
no food, compas, flashlight or water, and the fog is setting -- and his
first thought is 'I've got to picture this ambiance', not the
reasonable 'gotta get out of here before I get lost in the dark'"

Gotta get the priorities straight...food...water....pffth... ;)

>  I don't expect to need the reach beyond
> 180-200mm often enough to justify something bigger and heavier. Thus, a
> converter is an attractive option, depending on the extent of lens
> degredation.

Ahh, denial "I don't need..." -- the first steps. Pretty soon you'll be
lusting for the "big whites" like the rest of us....;)

Ohh, and welcome to the list. Somehow, it seems that your taste in
glass (100/2) will make you fit right in....

--thomas