[OM] Re: Defending Jonequinn

Subject: [OM] Re: Defending Jonequinn
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 18:27:31 -0000
I agree with you Jeff - our only complaint logically is that he 'stocks' the
most desirable pieces of OM equipment, and his prices appear too high for
us.  Guess what - too bad!  And if you don't like that approach, then don't
look at what he has for sale - not much at present, only 3x3Ti 2x4Ti, an
MD2, a 40/2, an 8/2.8 and a 35-80/2.8.  That is hardly cornering the market,
is it?

And there is also, of course, olympususa who is well versed in stocking a
wide range of well-presented gear - and pricing to suit, in some cases even
higher than jonequinn.  Sure, you can hunt down the mis-described bargains -
or you can let jonequinn and olympususa do it for you, price the items so
they remain in stock until the person who *really* wants them turns up - and
then you pay your money for the item and the service that went into stocking
it.

And as Walt pointed out, maintaining a high market value for items we have
(even if we don't each have them all) is doing us no harm at all, quite the
reverse.

--
Piers