[OM] Re: which marco flash?

Subject: [OM] Re: which marco flash?
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 15:31:58 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Jeff Keller wrote:

> Could someone enlighten me? Isn't the dark grey in place of bright surfaces
> exactly what would be expected with the X-pol ... eliminate reflections?

To an extent, yes, but not to the point of darkening it so much that other
small reflections are pronounced.  Look at the centre of the cross point
screws, they appear to be glowing when compared to the rest of the screw.
There's also a purple colour shift present on the transformer and the little
square piece of tape above it.  They should be black.

From: "Mark Marr-Lyon" <mark.marrlyon@xxxxxxxxx>

> I was wondering that as well.  Does the image change when the Xpol is
> rotated?  Is it possible to remove the inner polarizing element on the
> Xpol and replace it with a circular polarizer?

Good question, I'll try rotating it and see what happens.  It's not possible
to separate the two halves of the Xpol but it may be possible to add the
rear part (half wave plate?) of a circular polarizer behind it.
                                -mark