[OM] Re: which marco flash?

Subject: [OM] Re: which marco flash?
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:00:22 -0500

I was experimenting with the macro flashes on the E-1 the other day,
below are some of the test results of the T-8 and T-10.  I used a
subject with lots of metallic bits (an OM-2S carcass) since I was mostly
interested in the results of the T-10's Cross Polariser with the E-1.
As I suspected, it doesn't work the same on the E-1 as it does on film.
  For some reason the polarisation really affects the colours of the
image and brings out all the imperfections.  I get similar results with
the mirror housings.  All images were taken with a 50/3.5 macro lens but
the aperture was stopped down a bit more for the stronger T-10:

http://olympus.dementia.org/E-1/T-8.jpg
http://olympus.dementia.org/E-1/T-10.jpg
http://olympus.dementia.org/E-1/T-10_xpol.jpg

It's best to load up all three images in your browser and then use the
back/forward buttons to page between them.
                                        -mark