[OM] Re: which marco flash?

Subject: [OM] Re: which marco flash?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:33:56 -0800
Years ago someone posted several pictures of a watch that were taken using
different OM flashes. The T8 was clearly the best for that picture ... it
showed the machining marks evenly. The T10 is the easiest to carry. The T28
can give the most flexibility to get shadows. ( I can't find my link but I
would bet the pictures are still posted somewhere - it might have been
http://www.dentontaylor.com/watch.htm .)

Some of the other camera makers' ring lights have a rotating shield so that
the ring light can also provide shadows. A list member pointed out that
fingers can block the light on the T10. The working distance of the 135 will
probably often be too much to get any significant shadows from partially
blocking a T10.

C.H. has an alternative macro flash setup that looks interesting
http://accura.com.hk/OM/flash-d.htm

-jeff