[OM] Re: wtb: metal body cap

Subject: [OM] Re: wtb: metal body cap
From: "Jez Cunningham" <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 20:23:54 +0100
Iwert,
The normal way to make a pinhole lens is to take a plastic body cap and drill a
large hole (about 1 cm diameter) in the centre; then take a piece of aluminium
drink can about the size of a euro coin, a piece of soft wood and a sewing
needle; rest the aluminium on the wood and stab it with the needle.  If all
goes well you will have a small hole (0.1-0.2 mm diameter).  This equates to
about f/200.  Now glue/tape the metal piece so the hole is in the geometric
centre of the body cap.
Looking forward to seeing the results!
br
jez