[OM] Re: [OT] Vowels

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Vowels
From: "Earl Dunbar" <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 22:57:34 -0500
Yes, there is variation.  I will take your description ("pronounciation [sic]
of both vowels in the dipthong") as more authoritative than my meagre
ramblings.  The Lake Placid student citation is interesting, but I sniff out
maybe Canadian parent(s) of the youngster?

Anyway, I don't think a good Bordeaux an exact match for haggis, but the Scots
have traditionally had strong allies in Gaul, and if we take the absolute best
of both worlds (Highlands, Lagavulin, Highland Park plus Bordeaux, Burgundy et
Sancerre), one can be trés satisfé.

Earl