[OM] Re: OT Flat Bed Scanners DRAFT

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Flat Bed Scanners DRAFT
From: "Dean Tyler" <dtyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:18:10 -0500
Thanks for the post Moose.  There is clearly an improvement at 4000 dpi.  I
will need to upgrade my scanner soon.  I have a feeling the prices on
scanners may drop significantly next year.  Now I wonder if there is a
noticeable (for better or worse) in final output, say 11x14, from an dslr
vs. 4000 dpi scanned chrome.  To my eye, C.H.'s posts showed slightly better
color in the slides vs. E-1, but it seems that is simply a workflow
adjustment.  I think Doro mentioned more depth in scans verses dslr.  I
admit being very impressed with the "sharpness" of many dslr posts, but I
also see some dslr pics that look "plastic" do me.  I was thumbing through
the recent Victoria's Secret catalog (for purely photographic, technical
viewing) and  I could not believe how bad some of the clearly digital images
were. To me, it was a great example of digital gone bad.

Dean