[OM] kodachrome vs fuji

Subject: [OM] kodachrome vs fuji
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 09:49:41 -0000 (GMT)
Sorry to ask even more film questions but here goes...

I have fairly recently move from print to slide film and my father advised
me to shoot fuji. I started with sensia 100 and now shoot provia 100F or
velvia 100F (when I want more colour saturation). However, I was never one
to allways do what my father tells me to do!... (My father hates
ektachrome!) So I was thinking about trying some kodachrome 64. The slow
speed does not worry me but I think the film only holds its colour up to
about 10 second exposures which is limiting for me. Often I take photos in
low light with a tripod and commonly 50% of my photos are in the 20 - 30
second range on the principal if I am using a tripod I may as well go for
F8 or F11 rather than open up and lose depth of field, clarity and
contrast... On the other hand I have two functional om4Ti bodies and would
be perfectly happy to have different films in each and choose which film
according to what I am shooting. My father told me that he quite liked
kodachrome compared to ektachrome. So I was wonderring at the differences
between ektachrome 64 and fuji provia 100F is.

sorry if I start a holy war...
James