[OM] Re: Off-camera flash with OM1

Subject: [OM] Re: Off-camera flash with OM1
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:41:11 -0000
> I knew it didn't work with T-series flashes, but I thought PBG1 only had the
> single central pin contact > and therefore no way of quenching the flash
> (necessary for TTL use). But it seems from the manual that > you are right --
> again! Though I'm not sure how it quenches the flash...

Piers has explained: via the TTL cord. It does have a single pin.

> Perhaps the important thing for Fernando and his OM-1, though, is that it
> comes complete with built-in > sync cord.

I think the PBG1 would be ideal for Fernanado. No hacking a perfectly good auto
connector (do they have the same thread rotation anyway as the OM-1 hot shoe?),
and a nice neat sync solution with no ugly fat TTL cord dangling in the way...

Simon