[OM] Re: Flash Q and minor rant

Subject: [OM] Re: Flash Q and minor rant
From: "Andreas Pirner" <AndreasPirner@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:12:52 +0100
Walt Wayman wrote:
> Has anybody tried macro photography using a T32 off camera as the
> main light and the T8 ring flash for fill?  This is one of those
> places where the instant feedback of digital would be handy, but
> I'm feeling comfortable with what I'm doing.  I'll know how well
> this combo works in a not-so-instant couple of weeks.  :-(
> That's one reason I'm saying bye-bye to Kodachrome.  Mama Kodak
> might as well have taken it away already.

Walt, the man-who-has-everything-OM does not
have a Polaroid back? Shame on you ;-)

The T8 / T32 combo will work fine. Just keep
in mind, that the T32 is 16 times stronger /
brighter than the T8, that is 5 stops. Since
the distance of the T8 is determined by your
setup (lens front to subject), the placing of
your T32 makes the ratio. Placing it as close
would give a strong T32 (5 stops brighter) and
a "weak" T8 fill. Putting the T32 further away
gives you a more pleasant ratio. Or use a
diffuser on your T32, or a bounce reflector,
or ...

Happy experimenting. Keep notes!

Andreas