[OM] Re: Hand tools -

Subject: [OM] Re: Hand tools -
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 21:02:55 -0200
on 18/11/2004 15:55, Mike at watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Fernando, Be sure to use the 'cross point' and not the 'philips' screw
> driver in order to get the proper fit of the driver tip to the screw
> recess.
> There was a recent thread on this issue.
> Philips is silver (top), cross point is black (lower)
Wow, thanks Mike: just on time. Seems I bought the philips, and cannot find
the plastic envelope with the specifications. Might check at the store.
Surprisingly, didn't damage any of the winder's screws, fitted very well.
So, winder screws should be philips and body screws are cross point?
Will check the archives too, since I don't remember about that thread. Could
have been before I joined. And will read again the warning on John's
invoice... :^)
BTW, are the so called Robertson screwdrivers that common in the USA/Canada?
Their point looks like a square-base pyramid. Had to make one to come home
some time ago...

Fernando.