[OM] Re: OM 1 MD Motordrive Cover

Subject: [OM] Re: OM 1 MD Motordrive Cover
From: DACattani@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:09:11 EST

In a message dated 11/18/2004 6:40:07 AM Mountain Standard Time,
omtech@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Beljan  Manufacturing makes beautiful reproductions of the md & battery caps.

They can be found on eb*y as I recall.

John Hermanson
Camtech  Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington, NY,  11743-4714,
631-424-2121, www.zuiko.com

I recently received some MD caps from Beljan, and was a bit surprised to
find that they don't have "real" threads. Instead they had two tangs on the
"inside" that engaged the threads. Since I'm going to use them on my first
[used]
OM-4, I though that this was similar to OEM from Olympus. Am I wrong? Is
Beljan now doing something different than the group has experienced in the
past?

When I received the camera, the MD cover was missing. The battery cover is
original, threaded, and works fine on the MD opening.

The tangs are difficult to engage, so I'm clearly not satisfied.

I hope my question is clear. Comments?

Dave