[OM] OT: Aurorae.

Subject: [OM] OT: Aurorae.
From: "Gareth.J.Martin" <g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 08:40:59 +0000
Dear All,
          With the discussion of aurorae permeating the list I thought I
might post this site. I dare say some of you have already seen it but
many may have not and may find it interesting:

http://www.aurorawebcam.com/

There is also the CONCAM website:

http://nightskylive.net/

I spent a few minutes watching the aurorae on CONCAM the other day. I
doesn't beat the real thing though, especially when there's a red and
purple flaming corona right above your head and you can't see any stars
because of the aurorae! They are fantastic and as someone has said no
photo can ever do them justice. Also, if you are really interested in
aurorae and both monitoring and predicting when they will occur I really
recommend the STD Aurora Monitor software:

http://solar.spacew.com/aurora/

Best wishes,
Gareth.

--

Gareth.J.Martin

Research Postgraduate
School of Geographical Sciences
University of Bristol
University Road
Bristol
BS8 1SS

g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
bluesteel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

attackwarningred@xxxxxxxxxxx
eclipsing.binary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NE NLCOG - The amateur NLC observing group:
http://freespace.virgin.net/eclipsing.binary

Support Mozilla Firefox:

"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible
is to venture a little way past them into the impossible."

Arthur C. Clarke's Second Law.

"There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not
wave in a vacuum."

Arthur C. Clarke