[OM] Re: 24mm f/2

Subject: [OM] Re: 24mm f/2
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:40:23 -0000 (GMT)

> The 24 is a very useful focal length. I almost stopped using the 21
> after getting it. I had the F2.8 because of a feeling that fewer lens
> elements would reduce the problem of flare with a very wide angle lens.
> The 24/2.8 is a very nice lens.

I use the 2.8 24mm a lot for architecture, temples, statues, golden budas
in china etc and at F8 its sharp with good contrast. On ebay its around
100 pounds and well worth it. I use a grid focusing screen (beatie) and
can get some nice shoots. Its great for taking photos of temples. set the
tripod up just outside the temple main doors. set the om4ti to timer for
appature and mirror prefire set the lens on F8 and go for a 5 second
exposure! works fine. I use the 24mm more than the 28mm or 35mm.
Regards
James