[OM] Re: Multiple Flash/Studio Flash

Subject: [OM] Re: Multiple Flash/Studio Flash
From: "Ing. Radovan Faltus" <faltusr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 23:06:02 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Norcutt" <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Interesting, as the quoted specs for the T-32 do not seem to follow.
> They show having to use the zoom adapter with the T-32 set at 50mm
> coverage to achieve a 36m/118ft guide number. The Sunpak 433 is GN
> 120(ft) 35mm coverage with no adapter required, and it goes up if the
> fresnel zoom is used.

I suspect the T32 zoom adapter doesn't have good efficiency, maybe
due to material of optical elements or the construction or the fact such
wide
angle beam is difficult to rectify. Very offen another flash units with
their
zoom adapters have much bigger increase of GN with longer focal length
set on it.

> Ooops.  One extra small point in favor of T-32's.  If used with an
> external power pack such as the Quantum or SP-Systems pack I mentioned
> before, the power pack will power the control electronics as well as the
> flash tube.  This means you don't need AA batteries installed in the
> flash.  Other flashes may require separate batteries.

I was thinking to supply the T32 or T45 directly from the mains 230V/ 50 Hz
thru rectifier and resistor or better simple current stabilizer for charging
the main
condenser of the flash. After a look at the schematic it should work,
 if you can live with fact it's against safety standards. Did anyboby think
about it?

Radek,
  happy with own just born twins.