[OM] [OT] Olympus Centurion repairs?

Subject: [OM] [OT] Olympus Centurion repairs?
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 13:43:03 -0600
Picked up (cheap) an Olympus Centurion S with lens positioner drive
problems... sounds like a broken or partially stripped gear. My IS-3 made
similar sounds before it was repaired a year or so ago... I'm assuming this
is an "uneconomical to repair" condition for a Centurion, if indeed there
was anyone who would attempt a repair. However, if anyone can point me to
some drawings, etc. on this little gem, I might be tempted to open it up
myself just to see what is inside, fully understanding I could wind up with
nothing more than a box of loose parts! Does anyone know if Olympus even
had parts for this camera?

Along the same general line, does anyone have a recommendation within the
Olympus IS series (IS-10, -20, -30, -50, etc.) as an alternative to the
Centurion? I've provided a nice Centurion to my son who wants nothing more
complex to carry while walking around upstate New York, but I can see the
end of APS film availability coming... I've tried providing him an OM-PC
with a couple of lenses, but they tend to be left in the closet while the
Centurion often gets carried along. I suppose I could steer him to a
digital solution...

Any thoughts and suggestions will be appreciated!

Curt