[OM] Re: E-300 ponderings, the new Pen-F?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-300 ponderings, the new Pen-F?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 06:05:03 EST

In a message dated 10/31/2004 10:03:54 PM Central Standard Time,
olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Replying  to an old post. I hadn't filled a 1GB card yet, but did so on
my recent  trip. Download of a full Sandisk Ultra II 1GB CF card on my
USB 2 reader  takes about 3min 15 sec. That doesn't seem long to me. Are
you using a  Lexar or other brand with fast write, but slow read times?
Or do you  consider that "quite a long time"?

I'm likely doing something incorrectly, however it takes me about 22  minutes
to download to my computer a 1 gig card, using USB 2 and the Olympus  viewer.
 I'm using a Lexar 1 Gig 40X card.  If others can tell me  the errors of my
ways, I would appreciate it (errors having to do with the slow  download, I'm
painfully aware of the other obvious ones).  {8^)   Bill Barber