[OM] Re: E-300 ponderings, the new Pen-F?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-300 ponderings, the new Pen-F?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 22:35:01 +0800
I have a Lexar Combo USB 2.0 reader, it took me 5 min 2 sec to write a 1GB
(on my Lexar 1G 40x WA CF) and 4 min 30 sec to read the same. I also tested
it on the E-1, the USB read time was 5 min 30 and firewire read time was 5
min 35. The following web mentioned there are high variation on the card
readers, the fastest one being Lexar firewire:

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007-6133

You are right about the Lexar card which is much slower than the Sandisk, I
didn't know before otherwise I would have bought the Sandisk. With the
Sandisk Ultra II, the read time will only be 1.6 min with the Lexar firewire
card reader.

C.H.Ling