[OM] Re: Trip to the big city - pro processing lab

Subject: [OM] Re: Trip to the big city - pro processing lab
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 16:23:09 +0000
Jim,

Ordinarily, that's probably exactly what I would do.  But there are a couple of
things about this auction that cause me to hesitate punching the BIN button
and, instead, hoping to snipe it for somewhat less.  (Pay attention here, *Bay
sellers.)

First, anyone who would (or should) have a lens of this quality and price ought
to be able to take a better picture of it for the auction.

Second, he says he has the front and back caps, but not the originals.  I'm one
of the world's worst slobs, totally disorganized, slovenly even, sometimes
fearful of dying under an avalanche of possessions as I pass along one of the
narrow paths through the clutter in this house.  But there are lenses I've had
for 40 years that still have the original front and back caps.  Not a big deal,
I suppose, but it's still a bit of a red flag for me.

These little things cause me to hesitate just enough that I've set a snipe a
reasonable amount lower than the BIN.  If it gets the lens, okay.  If not,
that's okay too.  Like trains and busses, there's always another one coming
along.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from