[OM] Re: Focusing 24 Shift

Subject: [OM] Re: Focusing 24 Shift
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:23:39 -0700
Between 3m & inf is about 1/10" on the lens barrel markings. Not sure if
yours turns to the center of the infinity mark. I'm very happy using
hyperfocal settings most of the time. The distance markings should be pretty
accurate. To manually meter correctly you have to frame, focus, adjust
exposure with the lens in a non-shifted setting. Before tripping the
exposure you shift the lens and reframe. Focusing at the shift extremes gets
a little difficult. As Piers mentioned, unless you're normally using an
unusual screen changing to a 1-10 essentially just gives you vertical
reference lines.
-jeff