[OM] Focusing 24 Shift

Subject: [OM] Focusing 24 Shift
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:55:49 -0700
Hi all,

Speaking of shift lenses....I was using my relatively-new-to-me 24 Shift
yesterday, and noticed that the distance at which it was focused did not
correspond to the focus distance marked on the lens. That is, say I was
focused on something 20¹ away using the split image 1-13 screen in my OM-1,
the lens would indicate somewhere between 2¹ and 3¹. Is this right? The
marked scale is a bit strange anyway, going from 3¹ to infinity in about a
1/16th of an inch of the focusing ring. Perhaps time for a CLA? Or, is this
why I¹m supposed to be using the 1-10 screen? (I have it, haven¹t tried it
yet....)

-Rob in Seattle