[OM] Re: Hand painted OM; Was Re: Metamerism

Subject: [OM] Re: Hand painted OM; Was Re: Metamerism
From: Jaime Garmendia <jaimeg1953@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:02:08 -0400
Cc: wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 09:34 PM 10/21/2004, Wayne wrote:
>I've seen a few cars painted like this, but only 2 different colours
>(gold/blue if I
>remember correctly).  Is it possible with this technique to choose your
>colours ?
>
>OM content - I'm thinking I might hand paint an OM-3 !
>

>Wayne Harridge

Shudder..! different strokes for different folks, and all that... but yes,
within some limits, depending of the paint formulation. Unfortunately, most
of the paints I know are solvent based, which will promptly eat into the
plastic parts. Your local car refinish jobber (I assume you have such
things in Oz, distribution methods might be different there) might point
you towards some water based paint - maybe?

Otherwise, you could buy laser engraved metallized mylar, which gives a
similar optical effect, that can be used to replace the leathers.

Jaime Garmendia

OM-1: 30 years
Wife:   25 years
Home:   9 years
1 OM-1, 1 OM-2, 1 OM-2n, 2 OM-G's, 1 OM-PC, 1 OM-4, 1 OM-2000; some of them
will be donated to my daughter's quest for a Photography minor/Architecture
major (or my wife will subject me to unending "significant looks" every
time the subject of hoarding comes up).