[OM] Re: lens; help me narrow down for dallas

Subject: [OM] Re: lens; help me narrow down for dallas
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 09:32:20 -0400
Siddiq said:

I'm thinking the following:

1. 35-70/3.6
2. 50/1.4
3. 28/3.5

only one of those. I have no idea, really, what plano holds for me to
see, or indeed what, if any, places i will be able to go and see given
this is primarily a family-visit trip.

I'd really like to keep it small/light and only one body, so one lens,
and lots of film.
-------------------------
If it's really only one lens you're taking I think you'll be sorry if
you take anything other than the zoom.  You'll have many daytime
opportunities where the zoom will let you frame the subject better.  It
will more than make up for the few opportunities where wider might have
been better or faster might let you shoot (for a very short period of
time) past sundown.  Besides, after sundown you should be drinking beer
and eating bar-b-que or enchiladas in Plano.  If you want to take some
photos then you'll also need to pack your T-32 which will also make your
fast glass superfluous.

Although I live in Massachusetts my brothers live in Dallas and I have
actually passed through Plano a few times.  Don't remember much about it
other than there's a good place there to buy lawn mower parts over the
net. <http://www.planopower.com/index.html> has some good ol' boys there
who really know their stuff and help me keep my 19 year old Honda mower
in good condition.  If I had to buy parts for it locally I'd be much
poorer than I am.  No connection other than being a very satisfied customer.

Chuck Norcutt